7 Elon faculty workers members have been honored on Would possibly 28 for his or her contributions to the school within the once-a-year workers awards program held this 12 months inside Schar Coronary heart with the theme of “Be an Adventurer!”
The Phoenix Innovation Award is launched to a member of the Elon workers who has proven innovation by producing, constructing, enhancing or making use of a brand new plan or software that rewards the school or our group. The 2022 award was supplied to Dan Reis, senior tutorial technologist.
The Phoenix Mounting Award is obtainable to 1 specific more moderen member of the Elon employees who has regularly proven excellence in pursuit of the Elon Dedication with an engaged thoughts, impressed administration and world-wide citizenship. The 2022 award was supplied to Paul Tongsri, director of college scholar remedy and outreach.
The Blanche Garrison Memorial Award, which was designed in 2020, honors the contributions of hourly employees to mentoring, supporting, instruction, advising, supervising, teaching and befriending Elon pupils. It was acknowledged in reminiscence of the late Blanche Garrison, an Elon Medallion awardee, who served the school with distinction as a housekeeper at Maynard Home and was a pal to quite a few workers, faculty and pupils all through campus. The award was launched to Jan Register, administrative assistant for the Truitt Center for Non secular and Religious Life.
Lynne Wentz, administrative assistant for the Part of Medical physician Assistant Scientific research, was named Certified Hourly Workers Member of the Yr Alice Pinnix, custodian, was named Bodily Plant Staff Member of the Yr and Brad Moore, college architect and director of arranging, design and constructing administration, was named administrative staff members of the 12 months.
4 staff prospects had been additionally acknowledged on stage for his or her retirements from the college — Tom Brinkley, authorities director of the School scholar Certified Development Heart Carolyn Ent, director of events for the Office of the President Beverly McQueen, assistant director of enchancment professional companies Wayne Goke, upkeep mechanic for the Elon School of Laws and Paul Weller, senior science laboratory supervisor.
Two retiring group customers — Debbie Perry, software program assistant for the Division of Training and studying and Wellness & Train Science, and Jean Rattigan-Rohr, vice chairman for entry and accomplishment and professor of instruction, have been earlier honored with on-phase shows all through the School and Crew Awards operate beforehand within the thirty day interval.
Different employees retiring this yr contain:
- Sadie Allen, custodian
- Kathy Beal, payroll administrator
- Barry Coe, neighborhood firm officer
- Dwight Davis, Belk Library late-night time library professional and pc system help
- Doris Davis, Belk Library interlibrary private mortgage and reserves assistant
- Jane Deaton, distinctive assistant to the vice chairman for finance and administration
- Judy Hamler, Belk Library metadata professional
- Glenda Eire, custodian
- Smith Jackson, assistant to the president, affiliate professor and vice chairman emeritus for pupil way of life
- Sandra Kilpatrick, Belk Library director of acquisitions
- Linda Somers, receptionist within the Athletics Division
- Troy Starnes, plumber and mechanic
- Anthony Stubblefield, floor servicing employee
- Sue Williams, administrative assistant within the Faculty of Regulation.
Way more data and information about this 12 months’s workers retirees is obtainable right here.